Remote.io is a remote job board founded in 2019 by Tony Territo. In 2020, the site merged with another remote job board called Nomadify. Remote.io is now owned by a company called Innovation Labs. In 2021, they launched a "2.0" rebrand on Product Hunt which included the addition of a basic category search feature.
The site is very simple and easy-to-use. They have 500+ remote jobs with basic search functionality, allowing job seekers to search by category. However, the search function does not behave as you'd expect. For example, when we searched "design", it returned mostly software engineering roles. For employers, you can log in and manage jobs from a simple dashboard.
The pricing structure for Remote.io is quite expensive considering the size of the site. It's also not transparent — employers have to create an account to access accurate pricing information. Job posts start at $299, but like Remote OK, the cost can quickly skyrocket with plenty of add-ons to increase the visibility of your job post on the site.
Remote.io have a respectable Twitter audience (@remoteio_jobs) of ~6.5k followers, but it doesn't look like it's been active for several months. There's no mention of whether or not job postings are shared with their audience via social media when posting a job or on their website. Similarly, there doesn't appear to be a newsletter where job posting are shared with subscribers.
Email to subscribers
Shared on social media
The site is simple and easy-to-use for job seekers, but is missing some critical features for remote workers. For example, job seekers can't filter search results by the timezone they're in or filter by the type of work (full time, contractor etc.). The search function does not behave as you'd expect as well. For example, when we searched "design", it returned mostly software engineering roles. Job seekers need to search for "design" and also choose "design" as the job category from the dropdown.
The employer dashboard is simple and easy-to-use, but lacks basic functionality. For example, employers have to input their company info, upload a logo etc. every time they post a job, rather than just managing their company information via their dashboard. Without these basic functionalities, it kind of makes having the employer dashboard redundant in the first place.
Email to subscribers
Shared on social media
Organized by category
Time zone filters
Job type filters
Tech stack information
Employee benefits & perks
Remote.io is a super simple remote job board that claims it is "one of the most visited job boards in the world". The site primarily features tech jobs, but occasionally posts non-tech roles.
Their pricing structure is a little hard to get your head around and you have to create an account to access this information. Basically, jobs start at $299, but there are plenty of add-ons that can easily double or triple the price. For example:
- Highlight my post in yellow (+$49)
- Highlight my post with a custom brand color (+$89)
- Sticky my post so it stays on top of the front-page for 1 entire week (+$99) 6x more views
- Sticky my post so it stays on top of the front-page for 1 entire month (+$299) 12x more views
When purchasing a job, you can also prepay multiple job posts for a discount:
- 5 additional job posts and save 25% (+$1,121)
- 10 additional job posts and save 30% (+$2,093)
- 15 additional job posts and save 35% (+$2,915)
- 20 additional job posts and save 40% (+$3,588)
- 25 additional job posts and save 50% (+$3,738)
- Super simple site is easy to navigate for job seekers
- Allows employers to choose between single or bulk job posting plans
- Job posting plans include add-on options, like highlighting posts and adding custom brand colors
- Search function for job seekers doesn't return the correct results as expected
- Employers need to create an account before accessing pricing information
- Posting jobs is expensive, especially with add-ons
- Doesn't look like posts are shared on social media channels
- All higher-visibility add-ons are charged extra
- No timezone filtering when searching for jobs
- Job seekers are limited to fixed job keyword searches
- There is no filter to search U.S.-based jobs only
- No company profiles to learn more about the companies posting the jobs
- No information on company tech stacks
- No information on company perks and benefits
- Users have to add their company information each time they post a new job
- Not much transparency on website traffic, job post analytics, or the company behind the site
There's not much information on this job board online. They launched in 2019 and were awarded the #1 Product of the Month on Product Hunt in December 2020 with mostly positive reviews. There isn't much transparency here or information available about their traffic, but they claim to be "one of the most visited job boards in the world".
Their employers page features some great companies including Aha!, Automattic, and Clubhouse.